If you’re looking for ways to make your car insurance more affordable, we may be able to help. Many insurance providers offer discounts for various reasons– and you may be eligible for one or more. Read on to see if your qualify for any common discounts, and you may be on the way to more affordable car insurance.
- Good driver discount. If you’ve never been in an accident or been given a parking ticket, many providers will reduce the cost of your insurance premium. It depends on the individual company, but some providers will offer a discount for each year you go without a traffic violation or accident.
- Student discount. Some companies offer a discount to high school or college students who maintain good grades. With most providers, this discount expired after the age of 25.
- Retiree discount. If you’re retired, you could save. Many companies offer savings to retirees over the age of 55.
- Multiple auto discount. If there are two vehicles in your household owned by relatives, most companies will offer a significant discount on both cars. This is a great way for busy households to get affordable car insurance.
- Driver’s ed discount. If you’ve taken a driver’s training class, you could be eligible for a discount. This is particularly helpful for young, inexperienced drivers who usually pay very high insurance premiums.
- Group discount. Many organizations are affiliated with certain insurance companies, and get discounted rates for their members as a result. These organizations can be as varied as the company you work for, a college sorority or fraternity, or the credit card you use. Before purchasing insurance, see if any groups you are a part of are connected to a particular insurance provider.
- Multi-product discount. If you already have another type of insurance, such as homeowners insurance, you may be eligible for a discount on auto insurance. Check with your provider to see if they offer any special rates for current customers.
- Anti-theft discount. If you’ve taken measures to keep your vehicle from being stolen, you could be rewarded with a discount. For example, if you have an alarm installed in your car, some providers will give you a discount on your insurance.
- Affordable car insurance isn’t out of reach. To get the best rates, make sure you check and see if you qualify for any discounts before signing up with an insurance provider.